Lexus plans on unveiling two “LF” branded models at the Tokyo Auto Show, the LF-A supercar and this LF-Xh Hybrid SUV Concept.
The concept features the “Lexus Hybrid Drive” that is mated to a V6 engine, which seeks to optimize performance and low emissions.
Lexus to Display LF-Xh and LF-A at Tokyo Motor Show
Tokyo, October 10, 2007 – Lexus announced today that it plans to display two concept vehicles and six production vehicles at the 40th Tokyo Motor Show. The show will be open to the general public from October 27 to November 11 at the International Convention Complex (Makuhari Messe) in Makuhari, Chiba Prefecture.
On the basis of its “pursuit of perfection” philosophy, Lexus strives to provide the highest-quality products and to fill every moment with exhilaration and comfort for its customers through continued, uncompromising efforts in all aspects of development, production and sales. At the Tokyo Motor Show, as a new global premium brand for the 21st century, Lexus plans to exhibit a specialty SUV and a premium two-seater sports car.
Further details of the Lexus display are below.
I. Concept Vehicles
LF-Xh (Global unveiling)
A specialty SUV based on the Lexus design philosophy of L-finesse and equipped with an advanced hybrid system
* The combination of a powerful body and elegant interior gives this next-generation SUV a dynamic look and feel.
* Application of “Lexus Hybrid Drive”, which features a sophisticated fusion of superior environmental and power performance, seeks to achieve outstanding driving performance, quiet operation, high fuel efficiency and low emissions.
* All-wheel drive is backed by a V6 gasoline engine and high-output electric motor hybrid system.
Total length: 4,800mm
Total width: 1,895mm
Total height: 1,650mm
A premium two-seater sports car that represents the impressive Lexus driving performance
* Manifestation of the Lexus “F” premium sports car concept, which offers new Lexus performance through the combination of enhanced fundamental performance and cutting-edge driving technology, pursues the pinnacle of sports car performance.
* Use of L-finesse design creates an elegant and a solid presence.
* A high-performance V10 engine (up to 5.0 liters) and a body made of light yet sturdy carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) combine to provide unprecedented driving performance.
Total length: 4,460mm
Total width: 1,895mm
Total height: 1,220mm
II. Production Vehicles
* IS F
* Other vehicles displayed will include the LS460 and the GS450h.