The 2010 Taurus starts at $25,995, which is the same price as the 2009 model.
Ford likes to point out that although the new Taurus starts at the same price as the outgoing model, it now has more standard features and new technologies.
The 2010 Taurus comes standard with Ford’s 3.5L V6 that can be mated to two different six-speed transmissions.
The Taurus SEL series will begin at $27,995 and the Taurus Limited series will begin at $31,995.
Detroit 09′: 2010 Ford Taurus Officially Unveiled!
2010 Ford Taurus delivers new design, class-leading technologies and features at an affordable price
· Ford’s new flagship, the 2010 Taurus, will start at $25,995 – the same price as 2009 models but with more class-leading features, new technologies and perceived quality that rivals German luxury sedans
· Available this summer, Taurus features an impressive suite of technologies never before offered in the non-premium large car segment including Cross Traffic Alert, Collision Warning, MyKey™ parental programmability, EasyFuel™ capless refueling, SecuriCode™ Keyless Entry, Ford SYNC® and Voice-Activated Navigation with SIRIUS® Travel Link™. Other features new to Taurus include Adaptive Cruise Control, Blind Spot Information System (BLISTM), Rain-Sensing Wipers and Intelligent Access with Push Button Start
· The new Taurus is available in three trim levels: SE, SEL and Limited, offering customers more choice and convenience with unmatched technology with the Ford brand value
DETROIT, Jan.11, 2009 – The new 2010 Ford Taurus delivers industry-leading technologies, exceptional craftsmanship and an award-winning engine packaged in an all-new design that rivals German luxury sedans but at an affordable price.
Available this summer, the new 2010 Taurus will offer three trim levels: SE, SEL and Limited. Starting at $25,995, including destination and delivery, the new Taurus starts out at the same entry level price as the 2009 model.
“Taurus personifies the Ford brand promise – an engaging driving experience, expressive design, class-leading technologies, all offered at an unmatched value,” said Jim Farley, Ford’s group vice president of Marketing and Communications.
The 2010 Taurus comes standard with Ford’s proven Duratec 3.5-liter V-6 and comes paired with a choice of two new six-speed automatic transmissions which includes an option of SelectShift®. This optional transmission offered on the SEL and Limited series features racing-inspired shift control paddles mounted on the steering wheel, while offering the convenience of conventional automatic operation, or a manual shift mode.
The SEL series comes equipped with 18-inch painted aluminum wheels, heated exterior mirrors, supplemental park lamps and chrome exhaust tips. The Limited series adds to the SEL appointments with standard leather seats, 19-inch chrome clad aluminum wheels, 10-way power driver and passenger seats, reverse sensing and a premium sound system with SYNC.
A selection of optional customer-focused technologies also will be available on the 2010 Taurus, including:
* Adaptive Cruise Control
* Collision Warning
* Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start
* SecuriCode™ Keyless Entry
* Auto High Beams/ Rain-Sensing Wipers
* Easy Fuel™ Capless Fuel Filler
* Blind Spot Information System (BLIS™)
* Cross Traffic Alert
* Ford SYNC®
* Multi-Contour Seats
The new Taurus underscores the Ford brand promise to bring technology to market at an affordable price. It also builds on its legacy of safety leadership by incorporating a comprehensive array of passive and active features to help protect its passengers.
“Taurus raises the bar on the full-size sedan segment with an unprecedented offering of technologies typically reserved for luxury cars. The premium craftsmanship and attention to detail, combined with outstanding driving experience will redefine what customers should expect in a full-size sedan,” said Farley.
Taurus SEL series will begin at $27,995 and the Taurus Limited series will begin at $31,995. The 2010 Ford Taurus will be built at Ford’s Chicago (Ill.) Assembly Plant and will be available in dealer showrooms in the summer.