The Dodge Challenger SE Rallye features dual body stripes, chromed fuel door, deck lid spoiler, and 18-inch aluminum wheels.
The new five-speed automatic replaces the archaic four-speed automatic on the V6 equipped Challengers.
The 2009 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye starts at $26,490 (including $725 destination).
New 2009 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye Earns Its Stripes
• With six-cylinder fuel efficiency delivering 25 highway mpg and an adaptive five-speed automatic with Auto Stick-new Challenger SE Rallye builds on the excitement of the new Challenger R/T Classic
• Dodge Challenger SE Rallye features unique design cues including dual body stripes, chromed ‘FUEL’ door, deck lid spoiler, 18-inch aluminum wheels with black pockets and Micro Carbon interior accents
• Fuel-efficient 3.5-liter V-6 now features a responsive five-speed automatic transmission with Auto Stick
• Best-in-class rear head (37.4 inches) and leg (32.6 inches) room provides spacious rear seat for up to three adults
• Best-in-class trunk space (16.2 cu. ft.) equal to the Dodge Charger
Auburn Hills, Mich., Mar 30, 2009 –
The all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger delivers the best of modern American muscle-car characteristics-unmistakable design, world-class handling, powerful engines and technology. The all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye adds even more pony car excitement with a responsive five-speed automatic transmission and bold accented exterior enhancements. The all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye starts at $26,490 (including $725 destination) and is available for ordering now at Dodge dealerships nationwide.
“Featuring the transmission from our HEMI-powered Challenger models, the new Dodge Challenger SE Rallye earns its stripes with a five-speed automatic delivering an exhilarating driving experience and 25 miles per gallon fuel-efficiency,” said Mike Accavitti, Director-Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge Brands, Chrysler LLC. “And with eye-grabbing details including 18-inch wheels with black painted pockets, deck lid spoiler, and heritage-inspired chromed ‘FUEL’ filler door-Dodge Challenger SE shows off its pony car bloodlines.”
Dodge Challenger SE Rallye is a unique breed and offers more than head-turning good looks. With its throw-back hood and deck lid dual stripes with accent color outer stripes, chromed ‘FUEL’ filler door, 18-inch rallye wheels with all-season performance tires, body-color deck lid spoiler and Micro Carbon interior accents-the new Challenger SE Rallye builds on the Dodge DNA.
The all-new Dodge Challenger SE Rallye is the first six-cylinder Challenger model to offer accented dual stripes, and the first Challenger model to offer deck lid stripes. With seven exterior paint colors and two-color stripe combinations, Dodge Challenger SE Rallye offers even more muscle-car excitement to the Challenger lineup.
Exterior paint colors and dual-stripe combinations on the Dodge Challenger SE Rallye include:
• Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl – with Dark Gray dual stripes and Red accent stripes
• Bright Silver Metallic – with Dark Gray dual stripes and Red accent stripes
• Deep Water Blue Metallic – with White dual stripes and Red accent stripes
• Inferno Red Crystal Pearl – with Black and Dark Gray accent stripes
• TorRed – with Black dual stripes and Dark Gray accent stripes
• Dark Titanium Metallic – with Black dual stripes and Red accent stripes
• Stone White – with Black dual stripes and Red accent stripes
The 2009 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye model features an aluminum block 3.5-liter V-6 engine delivering 17 mpg in the city and 25 mpg on the highway. With 250 horsepower (186 kW) and 250 lb.-ft. of torque (339 N•m), this 24-valve engine delivers efficiency and performance.
The all-new Dodge Challenger SE Rallye marks the introduction of the five-speed automatic transmission with Auto Stick for all Dodge Challenger SE models. With more responsiveness than the previous four-speed transmission, and an aggressive first-gear ratio, the five-speed automatic transmission provides outstanding launch performance and smoothness at any speed.
On the interior, the trapezoidal theme of the door-panel cove and gauge cluster, dark headliner and slanted shifter console are inspired by the original Dodge Challenger. Inspiration from the past continues with a “four bomb” gauge cluster with deep easy-to-read white faces. Premium cloth bucket seats are well bolstered. For a more comforting and luxurious feel, heated leather seats finished with French-seamed stitching are available. The advanced uconnect gps with voice recognition, navigation with real-time traffic and Universal Customer Interface (UCI) for iPod connectivity is available on the Dodge Challenger SE Rallye.
The 2009 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye offers exceptional rear seating for a two-door coupe, achieving best-in-class rear head (37.4 inches) and leg (32.6 inches) room compared with the competition. Coupled with best-in-class cargo space (16.2 cu. ft.)-equal to the Dodge Charger-the all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye offers comfort and functionality.