Jaguar has announced the introduction of the 2010 Jaguar XF Supercharged, which brings the total XF models to four.
The XF Supercharged is powered by a 470 hp version of the 5.0-liter supercharged AJ-V8 Gen III engine and reaches 0-60 mph in 4.9 seconds. It slots in below the 510-hp XFR in the lineup and will start at $68,000 when it hits showrooms this October.
Jaguar Announces an All-New XF Supercharged Model for the North American Market
Jaguar today announced the introduction of the 2010 Jaguar XF Supercharged, the fourth and newest member of its acclaimed XF lineup. The vehicle, a mid-year release, is powered by a 470 hp version of the 5.0-liter supercharged AJ-V8 Gen III engine that debuted at this year’s Detroit Auto Show. The XF Supercharged will go on sale in October 2009, and will be priced starting at $68,000 MSRP.
“The Jaguar XF Supercharged will offer consumers a compelling luxury sedan choice with benchmark handling ability and truly memorable performance,” says Mike O’Driscoll, Managing Director, Jaguar Cars. “This new luxury performance XF Supercharged sedan builds on the tremendous momentum Jaguar has achieved by introducing beautiful fast cars such as the XK sports car, the XF and the XKR and XFR models.”
* 5.0-liter Supercharged AJ-V8 Gen III engine with 470hp (a 12% increase over the 4.2-liter 2009MY supercharged XF) and 424 lb/ft of torque
* 0-60 mph time of 4.9 seconds
* Adaptive Dynamics (the latest in computer controlled continuously variable damping) and Active Differential Control (electronically controlled rear differential) are standard
* Upgraded ventilated disc brakes
* Interior features include: contrast color twin needle stitching on the instrument panel and door top rolls, Jaguar Suedecloth Premium headlining, Rich Oak veneer (unique to XF Supercharged only), 440W Bowers & Wilkins surround sound system, HD radio, and heated steering wheel
Exterior features include: unique 20″ five triple-spoke Selena-style alloy wheels, “Supercharged” badging on rear trunk lid, quad polished exhaust tailpipes, and silver-gray painted brake calipers
Globally launched at Frankfurt Motor Show in 2007, the XF line has set new standards for the next generation of luxury sports cars. The XF Supercharged expands the already highly acclaimed model line that includes:
* 4.2-liter naturally aspirated XF (300 hp) with a $52,000 MSRP
* 5.0-liter naturally aspirated XF Premium (385 hp) with a $57,000 MSRP
* 5.0-liter supercharged XF Supercharged (470 hp) with a $68,000 MSRP
* 5.0-liter supercharged XFR (510 hp) with a $80,000 MSRP