The new LFX 3.6L V6 puts out 16 percent more power than the outgoing V6 with 308 horsepower and 265 lb-ft. of torque. The V6 is mated to a standard six-speed automatic transmission. In addition to the new V6, the 2012 Cadillac SRX is now quieter and more refined compared to the 2011 model. The Base and Sport suspension systems have also been revised to improve the ride quality.
“The improvements we’ve made to the 2012 SRX make an already great luxury crossover even better, giving our customers more performance and features,” said Don Butler, vice president of Cadillac Marketing. “Many of the changes are a direct response to consumer feedback, demonstrating Cadillac’s commitment to total customer satisfaction.”
Feature and content enhancements for 2012 include:
* Standard Bluetooth phone connectivity on all models, with on-screen caller identification
* OnStar Turn-by-Turn automated directions are loaded to the vehicle
* Improved voice recognition for phone activation, navigation and radio station changes
* A heated steering wheel on the Luxury, Performance and Premium Collections
* Door lock switches on the driver and passenger door panels as well as the center console
* Cruise control buttons on the steering wheel
* Memory seat set – the occupant can set the seating position simply by pressing “set” and the number simultaneously
* Backlighting for map lights in the overhead console
* A new machined-face finish on the 20-inch wheels, which are standard on Performance and Premium Collections
* Available all-ebony interior trim
* One new exterior color available this fall: Xenon Blue Metallic.