The Traverse starts at $28,990 for the 2WD LS model. The Chevy crossover will come in three versions, LS, LT and LTZ and with either front-wheel-drive or all-wheel-drive. The Traverse is powered by a 3.6L V6 with direct injection technology that is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. This powertrain is also going to be used in the rest of the Lambda based crossovers (Outlook, Enclave, Acadia).
The 2009 Chevy Traverse will be in dealerships this fall.
Chevrolet Announces Pricing For The 2009 Traverse
DETROIT – Chevrolet announced the 2009 Traverse crossover will carry a MSRP of $28,990, including a $735 destination charge, for the 2WD LS model. It goes on sale this fall.
“With its great styling, leading fuel economy and comprehensive roster of equipment, the Traverse is a great expression of Chevrolet value,” said Ed Peper, Chevrolet general manager.
The 2009 Chevrolet Traverse is an expressively styled, well-equipped crossover that delivers people-hauling and cargo-carrying capability typically found in larger SUVs. It is offered in LS, LT and LTZ models, in both front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive configurations. Product highlights include:
* Expressive styling inspired by the 2008 Malibu
* Optimized aerodynamics that enhance fuel economy and reduce wind noise
* Four-wheel independent suspension system
* StabiliTrak electronic stability control system
* Family of 17-, 18- and 20-inch wheels
* Seating for up to eight adults
* Second-row Smart Slide seat feature, for easy access to the third-row seats
* Rear-seat entertainment system with second-row controls
* Six standard air bags, including side curtain air bags that deploy over all three seating rows
* OnStar with Turn-by-Turn Navigation and Direction Download and eNav (with navigation system)
* XM Satellite Radio including NavTraffic real-time traffic feature (with navigation system)
* Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity
Traverse is powered by a 3.6L engine with direct injection technology that helps produce power similar to many V-8 engines, but delivers better-than-expected fuel economy and a 25-percent reduction in cold-start emissions. The 3.6L engine is mated to the fuel-saving Hydra-Matic 6T75 six-speed automatic transmission.