The next-generation Xj will feature an aerospace-inspired aluminum body and will be available in standard and long wheelbase versions. The XJ will be powered by a series of V6 and V8 engines, including the 510-hp supercharged, direct-injection, 5.0-liter V8.
The XJ will also feature the same JaguarDrive gear selector as the XF with paddle shifters.
The 2010 Jaguar XF is expected to hit showrooms in early 2010.
FIRST SIGHT OF JAGUAR’S ALL-NEW XJ
An all-new Jaguar XJ will make its public debut this July – and today saw the preview and release of first information on this breathtaking new Jaguar.
Speaking at Auto Shanghai 2009, Jaguar Cars Managing Director, Mike O’Driscoll confirmed that:
* The all-new XJ will go on sale at the end of 2009 – but will officially be revealed on July 9th in London.
* The all-new XJ is the first car to feature the next-generation of Jaguar’s aerospace-inspired aluminium body architecture.
* All of Jaguar’s new ultra-efficient Gen III petrol and diesel engines will be available in the new XJ, including the already acclaimed V6 diesel and 510 bhp supercharged V8.
* There will be a choice of standard or long wheelbase models.
* The all-new XJ will introduce the highest standards of personal luxury and specification, including a panoramic glass roof.
Full details of the all-new XJ including prices will be revealed on July 9th and orders for delivery in early 2010 will be taken from this time.
Dependent on market, the all-new XJ will be in dealerships from the end of this year. To register interest ahead of that time, customers should access www.jaguar.com/allnewxj.